I did it!

Owen Genat aressgee at jeack.com.au
Fri Sep 27 15:42:13 PDT 2002

Scott,

thanks for the pointer (i did not realise this, but i does clear up
something i was thinking)

i don't want to go into the problem in detail here (ie. lfs-chat) but if
you search for
"perl-5.6.1 make install prob" in lfs-support you will see i'm getting seg
faults in
man and groff which appears to be tainting the perl build.  have just had a
pointer
from another reader that i should be looking at groff (which i will do).

have a bad feeling i'm going to have to start from *scratch* _again_ (5th
time) as
i just don't seem to have the skills to unpick problems under linux
yet.  will do
as you suggest and prob rebuild the ch5 packages, having a closer look at
output,
however i was extra careful about this last time and am fairly sure all was ok
(took me four goes just to get to ch6).

anyway thanks again...owen.