I did it!

David david at desolateonline.com
Wed Sep 25 01:00:41 PDT 2002

I just wanted to say that thanks in large part to the wonderful
community here on the mailing lists, I finally achieved my first major
goals:

LFS CVS is installed and working properly,
Console mouse services is set up for my USB mouse,
X is working fine, also with mouse support,
Links, Lynx, and ncftp all installed and functional,
all major libraries installed and other misc utilities.

What a huge thrill it was to see - after much tweaking, fiddling, and
research - my mouse cursor appear during boot-up and then with fingers
crossed, typing startx and seeing X start up with the little clock in
the corner and an xterm with a waiting bash prompt.

Thanks very much to all who have helped me thus far, and especially for
the LFS team who put this project together in the first place!

Now let's see if I can get KDE or Gnome up and running....  :o)

David Costa
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org