Login trouble

Mihail Popa mpopa at fx.ro
Tue Sep 24 09:46:54 PDT 2002

No.. that's not it. I had copied the /etc/shadow file also. Tried as you
said but same result.
If I issue "chroot /mnt/linux passwd" I get "Cannot find login name: No such
file or directory". Are there any other files passwd needs aside /etc/passwd
and /etc/shadow?
If I issue "chroot /mnt/linux passwd root" I get "Can't find username
anywhere. Is 'root' really an user?:Success". This last massage is very nice
:))))

Another weird thing: if I set my passwd as

root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

and I boot the system, I am still requested a password for root.. Why?

Greets,
Mihai