How do I capture the data from streaming media?

Conrad Newton conrad.newton at broadpark.no
Tue Sep 24 03:51:49 PDT 2002

This is clearly not an LFS question, but they
tell me that on lfs-chat anything goes . . .

Recently I wanted to record a radio program,
but I discovered to my dismay that I did not
have a functional tape recorder.  I cheered
up when I learned that I could get the program
on my computer via the Real Audio plug-in for
Mozilla, and I was hoping to save the data
to file, but I could not figure it out.

I had read somewhere that Real Player saves
a file in /tmp, but on inspection I discovered
that a socket is created.  Please have patience
with me; I have never read any of Richard Steven's
fine books, and I am not sure how to capture the
data passing through a socket.

Is this at all possible?  Or am I just dreaming?
Can anyone give me a hint?

Conrad

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org