CPU vs. motherboard

Csaba Henk ekho at renyi.hu
Wed Sep 18 17:15:08 PDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:55:12 +0000 (UTC)
> ekho at renyi.hu (Csaba Henk) wrote:
>
> >  By the way, I ran memtest and it didn't detected any faults.
>
> how long?
>
> it can take many hours to detect a fault.
> --

I waited for two runtimes. However, now it seems that the problem was
caused by being ignorant about the fixed multiplier value 8.5 of my CPU
(as Jochen pointed out).
 Now the system runs nicely with bus speed 127 and CPU speed 1080, so at
the moment I think I have no reason to be suspicious about my RAM.
 Do you think I still should run memtest for hours?

Csaba

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org