CPU vs. motherboard

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Wed Sep 18 14:37:39 PDT 2002

Hi,
Have you thought of updating (flashing) your BIOS? Maybe the problem
lies within your BIOS. Usually the multiplier for the CPU is set to a
constant value, in your case 8.5. You cannot change that without some
physical adjustments to the CPU, I think for old Athlons/Durons you had
to close some contacts with a pencil, you might want to google around
for that, although I wouldn't recomment doing it. I don't think
overclocking your CPU by 33Mhz should make such a big stability problem,
unless your heatsink, fan is not working properly. It is more likely the
RAM which is giving you the trouble. So do a memtest and see if it's
faulty.
Cheers
Jochen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org