OT: Web development problems on certain platforms

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Tue Sep 17 07:03:14 PDT 2002

Dylan wrote:

> OT? That's why it's called 'chat', aint it?
>
> Sounds like an encoding problem with the character set/locale etc. Bit of a
> minefield ...
>
> I can't help with (1), but IMHO an abstract (numeric) key would be better for
> the lookup value. That way your code would be protected from those issues.

The reason I'm doing it this way is that the site includes some content
management functionality. The publishing company can add books
themselves to the database (which is a homebrewn variant, BTW), which is
why I'm using the book title as key. I guess I could use some unique
numbering scheme instead though.

Björn
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org