OT: Web development problems on certain platforms

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Sep 17 06:43:27 PDT 2002

OT? That's why it's called 'chat', aint it?

Sounds like an encoding problem with the character set/locale etc. Bit of a
minefield ...

I can't help with (1), but IMHO an abstract (numeric) key would be better for
the lookup value. That way your code would be protected from those issues.
When it comes to it, even if you solve the encoding problem at your end, the
user can always over-ride it on their browser. And Windoze may as well be
using EBDIC!

Dylan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org