LFS 4.0 Linux on a bootable CD

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 06:35:00 PDT 2002

h2k1 wrote:

> hello chris:
>
> congratulations for another lfs cd. :)
>

> you say on the page that you have an automated script for building
> lfs.
>
> can you post it here? i would like to see the script but downloading
> the whole iso just for that...

Yes,

But first the originator is Konrad Newton.

His latest script is at

http://home.broadpark.no/~aklepp/newton/lfs/install-lfs-3.3

Mine is based on an earlier version and is at

http://www.stockwith.co.uk/iso/scripts/

Note that Conrad's concept is object orientated

For LFS version  x.y  there exists

/usr/src/lfs-packages-x.y
/usr/src/lfs-commands-x.y/chapter[5-7]

For every packages in the static list there must be

lfs-packages-x.y/package-n.m and
/usr/src/lfs-commands-x.y/chapter5/package-n.m

The same for the dynamic list and chapter6

The hacking in chapter8 is mine when I try to set up an fstab
and lilo.conf on the new system.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org