A tribute to quasar; my longest install. And testimonial to LFS.

Joerg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Thu Sep 12 01:25:18 PDT 2002

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> And I could swear, reading a few years ago, that FreeBSD had a
> feature where you can change the running kernel without rebooting

There's a project like this called "Two Kernel Monte" which apparently
sprang off the Beowulf project. It seems, however, unmaintained since spring
2000 and does only work till Linux 2.3.early.

There's a SourceForge project which looks like it's dead before it started.

See

http://freshmeat.net/projects/twokernelmonte/
http://www.scyld.com/products/beowulf/software/monte.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/monte/