CVS Software

Billy O'Connor billy at oconnoronline.net
Fri Sep 6 20:05:55 PDT 2002

biffcool at zombieworld.com (Kevan Shea) writes:

> I've never tried to compile anything from CVS before.  I downloaded the nightly tarball from sourceforge of sylpheed-claws, and all of the files end in ',v'.  What am I supposed to do to fix this so I can run autoconf?
>
> Is there a tutorial "Compiling CVS code for dummies" or something out there?

It's the files you downloaded that are the problem, those are raw rcs
files.  You'd have an easier time of it it you ran:

 cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sylpheed-claws co sylpheed-claws

Then you can just run ./autogen.sh in the sylpheed-claws directory.
You could probably make a local cvs repository from the rcs(,v) files,
but this here is the easiest way to go.

--
Billy O'Connor
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org