Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Sep 4 11:41:56 PDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:10:06 +0000 (UTC)
archaic at comcast.net (Archaic) wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:33:50AM -0400, Tony Karakashian wrote:
> > Hmmmm...thought I'd been sayin' all along that VIA was around for a
> > while. :) First I've heard of the irongate chipset.  I definately
> > don't remember ever seeing it on a mobo.  I'll have to look into it,
> > maybe I'll give AMD another chance...
>
> Anecdotal as it may be, Ian and I have had superb performance. I have
> three of them. :)

I have two, and have built others for friends.

Stonking boards.

both the ones here run 24/7. This one has been up for 20 days now, only
taken down to move the power source (6-way) onto the wall. It had been
up for months before that.

my partners has been up for a couple months now. only died because of
its nshitia card. grr.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org