Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Wed Sep 4 00:22:21 PDT 2002

* Tony Karakashian <tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com> [2002-09-04 07:20]:
> >> AIUI, they were the ONLY chipset in the very beginning.
>
> No, in the very beginning, VIA was it.  I'm sure I'm
> recalling wrong, but I have absolutely NO recollection of
> AMD making a chipset.  I remember SiS was it for Cyrix,
> VIA for AMD, and an option of VIA, Sis and Intel for
> Intel.

http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainboard/00q1/000204/kx133-01.html

This link is to a review of the 'second' chipset for athlons. It is for
the VIA KX133, and is dated 3-2-2000. The athlon was released in August
1999, with the AMD irongate chipset.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org