A few random thoughts

Robert Ian Smit robian at wanadoo.nl
Tue Sep 3 18:49:36 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 07:51:44PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> > want to build/learn/install Linux, not juggle with partitions and
> > stuff like that.

> sorry, but I dont think thats possible.

I am sure I will find a way to get LFS running on a secondary system
sooner or later. I thinks ports, debs, etc. are great and on my
servers and main desktop I think I will always use a system that
has stuff figured out for me.

Thankfully being at the mercy of Debian, Gentoo, BSD developers is
not so bad, but I want to be able to at least jump in and change
things.

Not being able to pop in a cdrom, means it will have to wait untill
I have time for the extra effort (install host system, swap hard
drives or any other way).

Bob
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org