Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Sep 3 12:06:59 PDT 2002

Interesting....I have 2 systems with VIA chipsets - A P3 1GHz and a AMD
AthlonXP 1800+ (both overclocked btw).  I see absolutely no problems with them.
Although, I am not everyone, you're not everyone either.

To make a long story short, your milage may very, and it may vary greatly.
It's not just a matter of "It's a via chipset, therefore it's shit"  It's a
matter of several factors....the manufacturer (my ASUS and ABit boards are both
fine, altho my abit bios has problems now after overloading the PCI slots :P )
being an important one.

Justin Hibbits