Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Mon Sep 2 17:09:00 PDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:56:18AM +0200, Dan Osterrath wrote:
> Nice chewing gum... I think you should think about your opinions. You
> can not say company X is good company Y is bad. I think nearly all
> hardware producers offer some good and bad products.

You're right there, but I can also see Ian's viewpoint. We both have the
A7M-266 mobo's and several times before we've made it sound like ASUS
could do no wrong. That's not entirely true. ;) Anyway, I would not
hesitate for an _instant_ to buy another A7M. One note, though, if using
one of the XP procs on this mobo, you need to flash the bios.

--
Archaic

--
[W]hat country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that [the] people preserve the spirit of resistance?

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Col. William S. Smith, 1787

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org