Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Björn Lindberg d95-bli.no.spam at nada.kth.se
Mon Sep 2 15:41:32 PDT 2002

Ian Molton wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:43:10 +0000 (UTC)
> tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com ("Tony Karakashian") wrote:
>

> > Between the two, I will always choose the Intel chip.  I
> > have, over the years, had nothing but trouble with the VIA
> > chipsets that the majority of AMD-based mobos use.
>
> Err. you'd choose the processor because you are incapable of buying a
> non-via mobo?

I agree. There are other chipsets available than VIA. AMD is simply much
cheaper and has better performance than Intel at the moment.

I'm running AMD now, and I intend to go with AMD for my next box as
well. BTW, I have a VIA chipset on my Asus A7V motherboard, and I've
never had any problems with it at all.

Björn
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org