Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Sep 2 15:20:47 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:43:10 +0000 (UTC)
tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com ("Tony Karakashian") wrote:

> The final issue, as someone else mentioned, was heat.  If the
> fan on your AMD processor dies or falls off, you're out a
> processor.

Crap. utter rubbish.

sorry, but that article on toms hardware is SO obviously paid for by
intel.

I've had fans stop several times. never lost a CPU to it.

and frankly, the 'heatsink fell off' scenario is laughable. barring a
few OLD cpu sockets with crap mountings, and ignoring some of the
STUPIDLY heavy coolers out there, it just never happens.

My 6ukp cheap-ass cooler is both not-too heavy and keeps the CPU cool
enough.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org