Hardware advice needed: Athlon vs P4

Todd V . Rovito rovitotv at stargt.com
Mon Sep 2 11:58:47 PDT 2002

Thus spake Tony Karakashian (tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com):

> >> Athlon XP 1800 vs. Pentium 4 2000A
AMD's chips have improved lots over the last 2 years.  The new 2.4.19 kernel
has the via chipset features built in and the system is very stable. I have
been running AMD chips for 2 years with no problems, mostly because of the
price difference. Performance is not an issue for me since I run only Linux.
I would go with the Athlon or even a Duron over Intel any day.

--
Todd V. Rovito
rovitotv at stargt.com
Carpe Aptenodytes! ================ "Seize the Penguins!"