GMP-5.0.1 Test Failure - Chapter 6

Mr. T mr-t at jabcross.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 03:40:08 PST 2011

On 25/02/2011 04:49, Robert Connolly wrote:
> On Thursday 24 February 2011 18:08:36 Mr. T wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As per the title I have come across a test fail of gmp-5.0.1.
>>
>> The main error seems to be : creating a DT_TEXTREL in a shared object.
>>
>> gmp-check-log is attached.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Steve.
> I don't have a 32 bit HLFS to check into this.
>
> Try:
> make CC="gcc -std=gnu99 -fPIC" check
>
> Add -fPIC to CXX is needed.
>
> robert

Well the make check above doesnt do it, it stops at the same place as
before.

Does the -fPIC for CXX need to be added on the make line or just the
make check ? I dont know enough about it.

CXX="g++ += -fPIC" comes to mind having got this far through the book
but that may be complete rubbish.

Thanks.

Steve.