SVN20110204 Build Failure

Mr. T mr-t at jabcross.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 10:42:30 PST 2011

Hi,

I had a go at building this today and came across a build failure.

Everything upto and including Chapter 6.11 built exactly as expected.
Chapter 6.12 (Binutils) is where I hit the snag.

The actual build of Binutils is fine. Running the testsuite had the
following result :

binutils test - OK
gas tests - OK

ld tests - Failed

For test elfvsb.exp :

FAIL: visibility (hidden) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (hidden) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (hidden) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_normal) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_undef_def) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_undef_def) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_undef_def) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (hidden_weak) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (protected) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (PIC main, non PIC so)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: visibility (normal) (PIC main, non PIC so)

For test elfweak.exp :

FAIL: ELF DSO weak data first DSO
FAIL: ELF DSO weak data last DSO
FAIL: ELF DSO weak data first DSO common
FAIL: ELF DSO weak data last DSO common

For test shared.exp :

FAIL: shared (non PIC)
FAIL: shared (non PIC, load offset)
FAIL: shared (PIC main, non PIC so)

Finally on test srec.exp :

FAIL: S-records with constructors

It then fails at the end of the ld test section.

I've backtracked and checked all the edits I made, they look fine. The
configparms file at 6.9 (Glibc) was copied and pasted due to its size
and complexity, so Im confident with that.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this, or if I have missed a typo
somewhere ?

Thanks,

Steve.