HLFS-SVN20110204

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 20 18:03:34 PST 2011

On Sunday 20 February 2011 11:10:27 Mr. T wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to enquire about the current build status really.
>
> Can anyone tell me if SVN-20110204 currently builds cleanly or are there
> any known issues ?
>
> I've had a look around the archives but there isn't much chatter on
> there about it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

I'm building it now. It's expected to be able to reboot. Libcap is still
missing, and the GCC test suite needs to be adjusted so it passes. Glibc and
Binutils test suites pass.

The Coreutils test suite is dependent on attr/acl mount options. I wanted to
note that somewhere. The ext2/3/4 file systems are recommended for posix
capabilities.

The Frandom maintainer emailed me not long ago. He has an update to the patch.
Nothing major, just an update since the kernel has changed a lot in the last
few years. Sysctl is removed, and the patch is simpler to now. I'll add it
soon, for -fstack-protector-all to use.