attr and acl test fix

Jonathan Towne js.towne at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:02:23 PST 2011

Hi, everyone.  Name's Jon, longtime reader, first time poster.  Not to
be a snot, but here are some proposed fixes:

6-16, GCC, "make sure we're using the right start files":

grep -o '/usr/lib.*/crt[1in].*succeeded' dummy.log

would be more useful as

grep -o '/usr/lib.*/.*crt[1in].*succeeded' dummy.log

because the name of the first start file, with hardening applied, is
Scrt1, instead of crt1.  First time I hit this one it drove me crazy.

6-17, attr and 6-18 acl:

replace
print join("\n\n", sort split(/\n\n/, ><)), "\n\n";
with
print join("\n\n", sort split(/\n\n/, <>)), "\n\n";

and suddenly "make tests" comes back with all OKs.  "make tests
root-tests,"   "make tests ext-tests," and "make tests root-tests
ext-tests" still give a fair number of errors, but per test/README in
the attr tree ext-tests is intended for ext2, not ext3, and all the
partitions I'm running are ext3.  On my system, "make tests" with this
change  returns a pass rate of 100%.  They're mounted with the right
options (mount -t ext3 -o user_xattr,acl /mnt/hlfs).

Love HLFS, thanks y'all, have a lovely afternoon/daytime/nighttime.