SVN-20110724

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 12 23:19:43 PDT 2011

Some amendments for the book:

The mount options "acl,user_xattr", and the kernel config option
"CONFIG_SECURITY_FILE_CAPABILITIES" are mandatory. Along with acl and security
labels for the file system of choice. This is the only way to drop suid-root
from programs.

If new LFS boot scripts are used, then /run needs to be created, and added as
a tmpfs to /etc/fstab.

Aside from that, things are going well. I have a core2 machine running HLFS,
and it's running well. I'm anxious to add iptables.