LFS-XML to hlfs patch. (robert baker)

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 08:11:27 PDT 2010

Can either of you build the vanilla LFS book without errors?

0.0.1 is still a work in progress. I have been uploading it to my
directory so I can keep things straight across a few machines.

Having said that. The book should build just fine with the appropriate
dependencies installed.

>From the install doc:

If you want to convert the XML to HTML, install the following:

* libxml2
  - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/libxml2.html

* libxslt
  - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/libxslt.html

* DocBook DTD
  - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/xml.html

* DocBook XSL Stylesheets
  - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/docbook-xsl.html

* HTMLTidy
  - http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/tidy.html

I will be sending an email soon to announce the progress of the 0.0.1
patch. At that point I will upload my final 0.0.1 revision and move on
to 0.0.2. Chapter 6 work will be started in 0.0.2

RBaker