LFS-XML to hlfs patch.

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:30:19 PDT 2010

I have put some work into creating a patch for the LFS-XML book that
applies the work done in Onward to LFS-6.6. There is definitely more
work to be done to complete the patch, but as of right now it is
command complete through chapter05 (temporary tools). I still need to
add some of the patches to the patches.ent and make minor
modifications to some of the patch commands so they use the entities
declared in patches.ent. But beyond those minor points progress is
rolling along.

I will be working with jhalfs as I go to make sure the build can be
automated. This will require a small amount of modification to the
jhalfs build script, but should be fairly trivial.

If you would like to see the progress of the patch feel free to
download a copy here:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~rbaker/hlfs-0.0.0-lfs-6.6.patch

I intend to upload my work either every week or every other week. I
will post a notification to the list when I upload a new copy. By the
end of this week I hope to be done adding patches and be on to
modifying the chapter06 build commands.

So far I am not paying too much attention to the verbiage in the book.
I am concentrating on porting the build commands only. Once we have a
book that builds to completion I will circle back and begin to sort
through the text. I am still looking at the best way to add the
bootable temporary tools. That work will probably be started in the
next couple of weeks.

As always thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome.

RBaker