LFS-XML to hlfs patch. (robert baker) (robert baker)

Dean Takemori deant at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 01:32:41 PDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:11:27 -0500
> From: robert baker <robertmbaker at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: LFS-XML to hlfs patch. (robert baker)
> To: Hardened LFS Development List <hlfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org>
>
> Can either of you build the vanilla LFS book without errors?

There seems to be something broken with MacPorts and the
(/opt/local)/etc/xml/docbook file creation.

I followed the BLFS tools instructions and was able to build
the vanilla 6.6 book (in XHTML and text format - doing the java
step seems excessive to get the pdf) on my HLFS system.

What seems to be missing from the MacPorts install of the xml
tools is the add "rewriteSystem" and "rewriteURI" parts of
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/docbook-xsl.html
but running the commands by hand still won't allow me to create
the (/opt/local)/etc/xml/docbook file as per
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/DocBook.html

I'm continuing to look into it.

-dean takemori