binutils pt-pax test suite

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 24 20:16:12 PDT 2009

Hello. I made differences for x86_64 on the pt-pax Binutils patch. I would
like some testers. The test suite should pass without failures.

Testers (any Linux distro, including multilib systems):
Use binutils-2.19* (not binutils-2.20*)
Please first verify that the test suite passes on the host system.

Apply this patch:
http://pax.grsecurity.net/binutils-2.19-pt-pax-flags-200811041810.patch
and then this:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/patches/binutils-2.19.1-pt_pax_testsuite_fix.diff

configure && make && make check

If there are failures, email the cpu platform, system information, and log to
me. If you have a sparc, or alpha, or whatever, email me the test suite logs,
so I can add differences for that platform.

Thank you