Leave of absence

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 24 22:26:43 PDT 2009

My dog has lost 7 kilos in 6 weeks. She is beyond hope, but she is still happy
and keeps her tail up. She is comfortable, but her illness is killing her. If
you do not understand dogs, this is my best friend, and I have known her for
15 years. She has outlived my parents and a sister. I fear her memories will
die with her.

I talked to an aunt, and I will spread her ashes on my mother's grave, because
it is where both of them would want to be.

For my mother's funeral, I chose Elvis's "Can't help falling in love".
For my dog's funeral, I chose Enya's "Exile".