To boot or to Chroot.

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:41:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Robert Connolly
<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> In your public_html directory, for now, with a link to it in the patches.txt
> page. When the new book works we can put it on the patches svn.
>
> robert

As promised I went ahead, and added the directory booting_temporary to
the Onward branch. Inside you will find the pages I created to make
the temporary system boot. Beyond that I have uploaded the rest of the
necessary minor changes to the pages in the temporary_system chapter.
These changes include adding a temporary inittab, and adding a
udev_root declaration in udev.conf.

One thing of note in the booting_temporary section is that the final
script not only requires root, but ensures you are running as root at
the beginning of the script.