To boot or to Chroot.

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:33:09 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Robert Connolly
<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Thursday April 30 2009 05:49:08 pm Robert Baker wrote:
>> It appears CLFS user Carsten Clever ran into something similar a couple
>> years back:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/clfs-support@lists.cross-lfs.org/msg00792.html
>> This user said the compile worked if they did not use -fstack-protector-all
>> or -nostdlib.
>
> In the xml/html book there's an sed on configure to add -fno-stack-protector
> in the configure script when -nostdlib is used.
>
> robert
>
> --

Thank you. I did see that, and corrected myself in my next email.
Glibc builds w/o issue with that sed. I haven't really gone much past
that on the rebooted system becuase I have been more concerned with
documenting the additional steps needed to reboot the system. Tomorrow
I can probably upload the additional pages to SVN for review.

I am curious what your oppinion is on converting to a structure more
like CLFS. Giving the option to boot or chroot depending on your hosts
features.

Robert Baker