Pushing forward with Onward.

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:08:10 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Robert
Connolly<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> I don't really maintain this directory, I just upload new patches to it. Don't
> use these patches as Bible, but in general the newest patch should work.
> Patches in this directory are being worked on for some reason, and are not
> final.

Not a problem. I will still probably take a look just for grins.

> If the book is working, then Vim is not needed. If you need it, then install
> Vim.

Good point. No arguments.

> I refuse to take sides in the package manager debate, but I need file
> management.

I don't blame you.

> This is a huge part of the file management system. Root loses a lot of power
> with this system.

This is what I was really missing. I am so used to root owning a good
deal of the system files I wasn't even thinking in that direction.

> Perhaps, but I'm not familiar with the logrotate package, and do not see how
> it would be better than an shell script.

I just keep seeing logrotate in distros. I doubt it would be any
better than a good shell script. I do tend to use it because it is
already there and it works.

> I'm tired, and may have missed something.
>
> robert

I appreciate your explanations. It helps a great deal.

Robert Baker