Pushing forward with Onward.

Justin Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:42:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:28 AM, robert baker<robertmbaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have taken the time to run through the rest of my current build. My
> build is basically a mix of the Onward branch, and HTML SVN-20080603.
> Anywhere where we had a newer package or patch in Onward I used that.
> With everything else I followed along with SVN-20080603. The only
> other difference is that I am using linux-2.6.29.3 and its
> corresponding grsec patch.
>
> It is worth mentioning that various test suites can be finicky if your
> locale is not configured properly.
>
> Test suite failures:
> Coreutils has one network related failure that should be expected this
> early in our build.
> Perl has one failure relating to syslog that should be expected this
> early in our build.
> Automake has three test failures that are resolved once flex, and bzip
> are installed.
> Findutils has one test failure that is resolved once gawk is installed
>

> Build Failures:
> Libcap
> This fails to build because of some conflict between capbility.h in
> libcap and types.h in the kernel headers (I am still useing 2.6.29.3
> so this may not happen with 2.6.27.10) It can be worked around by
> declaring
> #include <linux/types.h> in progs/capsh.c before #include <sys/capability.h>

I noticed this as well, while compiling libc and enabling selinux
libc will fail due to libcap replacing the updated capability.h(2.6.*)
with an older capability.h.

> Bash
> Because I was following along with the SVN-20080603 instructions, and
> using the version of bash from Onward I hit a snag. Evidently there
> are some new functions in the builtin readline that comes with bash.
> These functions are not in the latest stable readline so builds fail
> unless you allow bash to build it's builtin readline. Can we omit the
> readline package or do other things depend on it?
>
> Everything else went as I would expect it to, and the test suites were
> all very clean.
>
> I am probably going to start again at the beginning within the next week or so.
>
> Robert Baker
> --

Other than that everything, went good over here.
Although I'm getting slow connection i.g. takes
a good 10 seconds to connect(still trying to find
the correct lib for that)

--
Justin P. Mattock