gcc testsuite - howto adjust spec file

robert baker robertmbaker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:47:32 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Robert
Connolly<robert at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Use this:
> *cc1:
> %(cc1_cpu) %{profile:-p} -fno-stack-protector -fno-PIE
>
> *cc1plus:
> -fno-stack-protector -fno-PIE
>
> Any questions?

That clears things up way better than the documentation I was able to
dig up. Thanks!

One quick question.

Following your guidelines above would pass those two compiler options
no matter what. Do you believe this to be the more prudent option
going forward? Considering stack protection has made it into mainline
GCC we may eventually see tests that require stack protection to be
enabled. Using a check to see if the flag is present before forcing
stack protection off would prevent any failures in that event.

I guess the question should be do you think we will ever see tests
that require stack protection?

Robert Baker