gcc testsuite - howto adjust spec file

Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi dmurungi at dicts.mak.ac.ug
Mon Jun 15 05:39:24 PDT 2009

>Use the specs from gcc pass 1. You shouldn't need to edit the linker or start
>files assuming your host system is Glibc. Remove the -fPIC, and
>add "-fno-PIE -fno-stack-protector" to cc1: and cc1plus:, unconditionally.
>These two options are hard coded in GCC. All other options are done in the
>specs file, but gcc pass 1's spec file is vanilla except for -fPIC. Copy this
>spec file to /tools/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.1/specs just for the
>Binutils tests. I did this a while ago and all tests passed.

I made the following change in the gcc spec file for cc1: from;

*cc1:
%(cc1_cpu) %{profile:-p} %{fno-pic|fpic|fPIC:;:-fPIC}

*cc1:
%(cc1_cpu) %{profile:-p} %{fno-pic|fpic|fPIC:;:-fno-PIE -fno-stack-protector}

However I have no clue on what to do for cc1plus. Please help.

The gcc summary;

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            42523
# of unexpected failures        24