Pure 64bit temporary tools notes.

Joey Parrish jparrish at layerxtech.com
Mon Jul 6 09:08:19 PDT 2009

On Jul 5, 2009, at 8:58 PM, robert baker wrote:
> Has anyone else had  any experience with a pure64 build? Any words of
> wisdom to share? Also what would be preferable a multi-lib build, or a
> pure64 build?

I prefer pure 64-bit to multi-lib.  Perhaps we should follow Debian's
example, where they make a pure 64-bit build (with symlinks from lib64
and lib32 to lib) and put any 32-bit compatibility code into /emul/
ia32-linux.  That way, 32-bit is segregated from 64-bit and can't
cause confusion.

I've gone through Onward by hand to build a pure 64-bit system from a
Debian AMD64 host.  I haven't done much with it other than boot it as
a VM, but it does work.

--Joey