stability of fortify source

thorsten fly_b747 at gmx.de
Sat Jul 4 09:25:20 PDT 2009

Kevin Day wrote:

> The final major possibility is grsec. This one is probably the least
> likely but also the easiest to confirm.
> Try building a kernel without grsecurity first and boot the existing
> problematic system.
> Then you will easily know if grsecurity is the issue.

Thanks for the hints, I can rule out grsec since I have an unpatched
Kernel at hand to crosscheck grsec induced problems. While building the
new fortify-source disabled system I also add -ggdb to get debugging
symbols within shared libs. If firefox still crashes on this
fortify-source free system, hopefully I can get a better look at where
the crashes come from.

Thorsten