Onward branch development

Robert Baker RBaker at newpark.com
Tue Feb 3 18:40:48 PST 2009

I just checked out what you have in svn so far. I will try to find some time to compile a temp system, and look at making it bootable. The clfs boot scripts look like they would work. The only difference between the final system, and the temporary one is the $PATH is changed from "/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin" to "/tools/bin:/tools/sbin:/bin:/sbin" inside the functions file. The scripts themselves from what I have looked at so far are relying on $PATH exclusively. The read only root shouldn't be too tricky either. I converted one of my hlfs boxes to a read only root using symbolic links. I did have to adapt some of the init scripts, but no drastic changes were necessary. I will try to tackle some of this throughout the week if you would like.