Onward branch

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at sitronicsts.com
Wed Sep 3 23:33:50 PDT 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 00:14:26 Robert Connolly wrote:
> Development book versions could be writtable by anyone (who is
> registered). I'm not sure if it's possible for non-admins to post
> patches/wiki-pages read-only. A release version of the book, and
> patches, would be gone through word by word, a few times, edited, set
> read-only, and then copied to the next development version. There
> should be a list of guildlines for anyone modifying the book, like to
> add origins of patches, where to discuss major changes, etc.

It would be nice to have `safe' releases periodically (monthly?). Just
review a fork by a group of people and when they are all satisfied,
upload it as current `safe' release (or snapshot, or whatever are you
going to call it).

Once in a time, you can create another fork, review, stabilize and upload
it as the stable release. It could be open for like a month and accept
only bug fixes.

By the way, where are you going to get such wiki?