Onward branch

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at sitronicsts.com
Wed Sep 3 00:14:45 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 01:14:09 Robert Connolly wrote:
> I don't think I gave the wiki enough consideration, as a place to keep
> the hlfs book. Pages can still be written as shell scripts, and
> downloaded as plain text (a wget script could automate this). Wiki has
> a lot of advantages.

	So, write a simple wiki that will format /^#/ lines (paragraphs,
headings, links) and show rest as source code. Every page can be
downloaded as a plain text.

	It may be dangerous. If it's truly open wiki, one can insert malicious
commands right in the middle and someone may not notice and install such
system. Plus, you have to store patches somewhere. If it's the wiki again
(and it should be there) someone can modify kernel or glibc patches,
which are generally not read by anyone.

	So... you need to limit write access to trusted people.

	But the advantages are too tempting.