BRLTTY

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 27 17:34:06 PDT 2008

On Monday October 27 2008 12:46:21 pm Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since future hlfs will require to reboot after temporary system and before
> final system, I suggest to add as last package (optional) BRLTTY, so that
> it could start at the boot of temporary system. Without it, hlfs will
> become unaccessible for any blind people.

Soon I want to make a new directory for optional additions to the temporary
system, for things like network, sshd, raid, and braille. If you let me know
how BRLTTY is set up, I'll add it.

> I propose to write a basic page about building BRLTTY, that someone could
> complete according hlfs requirements. To test, I need an access ssh to a
> computer which has a temporary system installed. Or we could test with
> someone.

I have not yet rebooted the temporary system. If you let me know how to
install and set up BRLTTY, I'll contact you when I have a test system for
you.