Onward branch

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 06:07:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Jan Dvorak <jan.dvorak at sitronicsts.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 19 October 2008 17:57:47 Kevin Day wrote:
>> I am pretty sure the agetty user would have to be able to read the
>> /etc/shadow (actually, how about /tools/etc/shadow ?)
>
> *confused* I always thought it merely reads login name and then starts
> `login` to the authentication thing..?
> --

if thats true, then that might make the shadow group pointless.
I am under the pretense that the agetty provides the login prompt to
the user and checks the given password against the shadow.

Also, Robert was debating whether e2fsprogs needs to be on the system;
For the case of util-linux-ng, libblkid that is provided by e2fsprogs
is used by the mount & umount.
I have not payed attention to whether it falls back to internal code
in the case of libblkid not being present.
This is just an FYI.

--
Kevin Day