Onward branch

Jan Dvorak jan.dvorak at sitronicsts.com
Mon Oct 20 00:01:10 PDT 2008

On Monday 20 October 2008 00:15:22 Robert Connolly wrote:
> It needs halt and reboot scripts too, to umount filesystems if we need
> to reboot for some reason. I think we need Sysvinit for some of its
> programs, and it includes init. Is there a reason not to use the init
> from Sysvinit?

The `init` I sent is for initrd. You of course use sysvinit for the
system.

> I'm debating whether to install all of e2fsprogs or not. The utilities
> might be helpfull if something is wrong, but nothing needs it.

Well... I don't think you need them in /tools, you are usually preparing
the system in a lab (or at home) and have live-cds and other machines by
hand. You may want them in the final system thou. For example if you want
to recover some other disk. I would include them in the final initrd, if we
are going to use it.