Onward branch

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 19 15:15:22 PDT 2008

On Sunday October 19 2008 05:02:20 am Jan Dvorak wrote:
> On Sunday 19 October 2008 01:49:59 Robert Connolly wrote:
> > LFS and CLFS uses some hard coded paths, like /sbin/udevd. There's
> > probably a reason for this,
>
> Many distributions do that, but I fail to see why.
>
> > So I think we need a special set of boot scripts for /tools. Minimal,
> > like CLFS's install-minimal, but with network as an option.
>
> Well, you only need one script. For example /tools/etc/rc which would
> contain something like `rc-tools` I am attaching.

It needs halt and reboot scripts too, to umount filesystems if we need to
reboot for some reason. I think we need Sysvinit for some of its programs,
and it includes init. Is there a reason not to use the init from Sysvinit?

I'm debating whether to install all of e2fsprogs or not. The utilities might
be helpfull if something is wrong, but nothing needs it.