x86_64?

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 19 14:25:18 PDT 2008

On Saturday October 18 2008 09:22:27 am Jan Dvorak wrote:
> Another question I'd like to ask,
>
> 	what is HLFS going to do about x86_64 architecture? I spend most of my
> time with machines that have _at_least_ 4G RAM, which is an obvious
> argument for 64-bits. Plus it's quickly becoming the only supported
> platform where I work.
>
> 	I would like to see 64-bit HLFS too, is that a sin?

I think the only thing needed is a patch for fpie. Everything else should be
the same... except for whatever differences there are to build LFS for
x86_64.

Could someone send me a 'gcc -dumpspecs' file from a vanilla (non-fpie) gcc4
running on x86_64. I don't expect there to be any differences to x86.

I can make a patch, but can't test it. A bootstrap of gcc would show it if
works.