Onward branch

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 6 15:16:03 PDT 2008

I think I have /tools done. It doesn't reboot. It's gcc42, binutils-2.19,
glibc-2.8, etc:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/Onward/
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/new/Onward.tar.bz2

Pages can be used as shell scripts. Some odd changes were added, like object
directories. Expect, DejaGNU, were added alphabetically.

Todo's are to install Glibc's sbin to /tools/bin, if possible. Add linker
warnings, which cause errors (for mktemp(), and
textrels). -DGLIBC_DYNAMIC_LINKER and -DSTANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR=0 can be used
instead of modifying GCC's source, to support read-only sources.