Slow development

wonkey_donkey at blueyonder.co.uk wonkey_donkey at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 30 05:03:58 PDT 2008

> I just want to let you all know, again, that I'm not dead. I have been
> doing a
> lot of hours at work, Sunday's are my only real day off, and I have been
> too
> tired or doing laundry to think much about hlfs. I don't have any dates or
> timeframes to give for new additions like libcap, but I can say it's still
> on
> my mind.
>
> Those of you who have known me over the years should know that I'm up and
> down. Breaks in hlfs development eventually end with heavy development
> when I
> make the time.

Well I for one appreciate the time and effort that is put in to all of the
*fs. I was actually planning to post in the next day or two anyway, not to
post a question or bug, but simply to report that in the last few days I
managed to successfully build both LFS and HLFS.

Both of the builds worked flawlessly for me this time; in the case of the
HLFS build it was quite an achievement as I have tried to build it many
times before without success.

As it stands at the moment, I have both systems on a single HDD, happily
dual booting with a shared /boot partition. In fact, my HLFS is that
secured that I cant even mount a usb pendrive at the moment, although Im
not sure if that is down to the HLFS settings or something Ive done with
the kernel .

Anyway, I just wanted to say a big thanks to all who put their time into
*fs, it really is appreciated.

Steve.

PS. Im typing this in a very small window on a webmail system, so
apologies in advance if the formatting etc goes belly up.