glibc issues

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 21 17:38:44 PDT 2008

On Friday March 21 2008 07:51:26 pm Robert Connolly wrote:
> For the moment I don't suggest running the test suite for GCC/Binutils. The
> GCC tests in particular will have a very high failure rate because the
> tests do not expect us to be using the options we use, and they don't
> respect CFLAGS so there doesn't seem to be a simple way to run the test
> suite without the hardening options (like we can with Glibc). The test
> failures from GCC/Binutils are bugs in the tests, not in GCC itself. I
> haven't had time to figure out how to disable hardening for the test suite.
> CFLAGS used to work back with gcc3, but things have changed.

Actually, I just had an idea. Replace gcc/xgcc with a shell script
with '/path/to/xgcc.bin -specs=/tools/vanilla-specs'. Then restore it before
installing. The specs from embryo are vanilla except for the -fpic... this
can be dumped to somewhere in /tools for use in the butterfly tests.

Should work, in theory.