glibc issues

Lampros Liontos reteo at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 21 11:39:14 PDT 2008

marty <marty at ...> writes:

> Those tests require an executable stack.
>
> Read it again.
> The Glibc test suite depends on features of the host system kernel. Under ideal
> conditions...

Alright.  This is actually my second build attempt; I had decided to continue
past this one the first time, only to have the butterfly build check, twelve
hours later, still working on a long line of FAILs.  I'll probably go back, and
give the details, but I was starting to wonder if these errors might be the
source of the problem.

> And be more careful with the 'cat' command before you break something.
>
> try `vi /usr/src/glibc/glibc-build/nptl/tst-execstack.out` instead.
>
> Marty B.

I'll keep that in mind; it didn't really occur to me that piping a file to
standard output could be a risk, although in hindsight it does seem a reasonable
assumption.