[HLFS Trac] #1646: coreutils-6.10 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2, warnings

marty marty at goodoldmarty.com
Sat Mar 8 23:58:38 PST 2008

>  {{{
>  In file included from getdate.y:65:
>  ./stdio.h:116:1: warning: "vfprintf" redefined
>  In file included from /tools/include/stdio.h:836,
>                   from ./stdio.h:33,
>                   from getdate.y:65:
>  /tools/include/bits/stdio2.h:70:1: warning: this is the location of the
>  previous definition
>  }}}

Those warnings are annoying but usually mean nothing in reality.
The compiler is trying to report functions which have been changed by patches,
etc which don't match the native functions. I suggest you ignore it unless the
source won't compile. Usually ok from my limited experience.

Marty B.
--
Putting Microsoft in a computer is like putting screen doors in a submarine.
Hopeless.